Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Parag Mhetre is a Mechanical engineer, Fitness consultant, Karate exponent and Functional training expert in India. He is only person in INDIA to complete 2 International Kettlebell certification.
He has traveled extensively to US and UK for sports. Earlier Parag was into engineering field and stayed in US for for a while, where he learnt functional training in some of the recognized fitness clubs in US.
During his engineering days Parag traveled to Europe for sports. He under went 2 months of formal martial arts training before he appeared for World Karate Championship in Germany. Further he followed his passion to make a career in the field of fitness. Post his trip to India from US he completed all formal personal training certification in Mumbai and Pune city. He is into the field of Sports since 1994 and into professional fitness since 1999.
Parag is trainer to CEOs/ expats and Politicians who are based in Mumbai and Pune. He further plans to train National level cricketers and soccer players.
He is first person in India to introduce Kettlebells on National level by conducting Kettlebell Certification courses & workshops in different cities across India. EKFA Asia now have presence in 10 states of India, trained over 500 trainers and conducted close to 100 workshops.
Parag also conducted Kettlebell workshop in Singapore in the month of Feb 2013 to be first Indian to conduct overseas workshop.
His Kettlebell and Functional training courses include theory and practical on detailed level and course structure include 8 DVDs, 4 Manuals, explaining importance of different equipments given FREE with course. Kettlebell too is given FREE in the course.
EKFA is largest manufacturer of Kettlebells supplying all across Nation.
Parag is Founder – Director of Energy Kettlebell Fitness Academy (EKFA Asia) & Energy24x7 – Kettlebell Club (First Kettlebell Club in India) which is based in Pune.
1. Represented India in Open World Karate Championship at Germany in 2000 and won Bronze medal for India.
2. Represented India in Dutch Open Karate Championship at Netherlands in 1999 and won Silver medal for India.
3. Represented India in Full contact Kumite (fights) at Nepal in 1999 and won Bronze medal for India.
Achievements in India:
1. Represented Maharashtra in National level Karate Championship at Balewadi, Pune in 2002 and won Gold Medal for State.
2. Represented Maharashtra in National level Karate Championship at Balewadi, Pune in 1995 and won Gold Medal for State.
3. Represented Pune in State level Karate Championship (SHINTO KAN-ZEN-RYU) held at Pune in 1998 and won Silver Medal for the City.
4. Represented Pune in State level Karate Championship (Self defense Institute of Indian Karate) held at Mumbai in 1994 and won Silver Medal for the City.
Key International Certifications:
1. IKFF Certified Kettlebell Teacher (CKT) Level 2 (Fitness & Movement Dynamics) – Athens, Greece – 2012.
2. IKFF Certified Kettlebell Teacher (CKT) Level 1 – Kolkata, India -2011
3. World Kettlebell Club (WKC) Certified for Kettlebell Fitness Trainer from Chicago, USA- 2011
4. Awarded Blackbelt 1st DAN by International Budo federation (IBF) India – 1999.
5. First person in India to appear & clear MovNat (Natural Movement Physical Education & Fitness) level 1 certification – Singapore 2013