Rajiv is formally recognized by IKFF (International Kettlebell Fitness Federation) as a Level 1 Master Trainer in kettlebells; he completed his Level 1 Master Training in kettlebells under the guidance of Steve Cotter, and is one of the select few Level 1 Master Trainers in India. Being athletically inclined, he started rowing as a teenager. He trained and practiced rowing meticulously and became a national level rowing athlete for India. He won several prestigious international and national awards and accolades in rowing.
Rajiv’s choice of a career in fitness and kettlebell training was a natural progression. He has been working as a fitness trainer since 2009 and has trained more than 300 clients, including athletes like first class cricketers and national level soccer players. He has also served in the capacity of a fitness consultant and coach in high schools and leading corporate fitness centers in Kolkata. Additionally, he coaches the junior rowing team of West Bengal state. In his free time, he loves to row and run.
- Level 1 Master Trainer through IKFF (2014)
- EKFA Asia Open Kettlebell Championship at Bodypower Expo India held in
- Mumbai (2014):
- Asia’s Star Kettlebell Lifter (Rank 1)
- Won 3 gold medals in kettlebell snatches and kettlebell clean-and-press events
- Won bronze at 14th Challengers Sprint Rowing Championship in 2010
- Won bronze against the Eastern Command army division in 2008
- Won at numerous international rowing championships organised by ARAE (Amateur Rowing Association of the East): gold in 2007, silver in 2008, gold in 2009, 4th position in 2010
- National rowing champion of India from 2005-2007 and 2010
- Captain of West Bengal state rowing team from 2005-2010
Dragon boat racing:
- Won silver for Haryana state in 2008 at India’s 1st Dragon Boat
- Championship organized by Dragon Boat Federation of India (DBFI)
- Captain of Haryana dragon boat team in 2008