- This event has passed.
CKT Level 1 – Costa del Sol, Spain
May 27, 2017 @ 10:00 am - May 28, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Become an IKFF Level 1 CKT – Certified Kettlebell Teacher and train with Steve Cotter in Spain.
- IKFF is the leading international kettlebell certification for fitness professionals.
- International Gold-standard for kettlebell professionalism.
- Strict criteria for CKT recogntions (includes an exam that the candidate must pass to receive certification recognition).
- Personally taught by Steve Cotter, a world-renown kettlebell training pioneer.
The CKT Level 1 course focuses on two high level points:
1. Mastery of the basics – You will learn all the fundamental kettlebell exercises, several variations and most importantly, the key physical training principles underlying and associated with each movement.
2. Coaching skills – In addition to learning how to take your own fitness to higher levels, you will learn how to coach others safely and effectively utilizing a process Steve has refined over several years and thousands of clients.
- Push Press
- Jerk (taught but not tested on)
- Long Cycle (Clean + Jerk – taught but not tested on)
- Squat, an important assistance exercise to reinforce mastery of these basics
What will you learn at a CKT certification?
- The classical kettlebell lifts and their variations
- The different types of breathing and knowing how to apply them for safety and efficiency
- How to properly execute the competition lifts involved in Russian Kettlebell Sport – swing, snatch, clean, jerk and long cycle (clean + jerk)
- How to design a program for any fitness goal you or your clients may have
- Mobility and flexibility work specific to kettlebell training
- The necessary drills needed to help ensure you and your clients learn all the lifts safely
- Assistance exercises for competition training – these very unique exercises to bring your conditioning and technique to new levels
- Detailed instruction in hand position and other alignment cues that are so critical to performance and safety; these subtle details would take years to learn with this expert instruction
*exact location on the Costa del Sol will be provided closer to date.